Regarded as the biggest Wi-Fi upgrade in more than 20 years, Wi-Fi 6 is gaining popularity and Wi-Fi 6 enabled devices are set to begin hitting the market in early 2021.
According to the Wi-Fi Alliance, "Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6™, the industry certification program based on the IEEE 802.11ax standard, provides the capacity, efficiency, coverage, and performance required by users today in the most demanding Wi-Fi environments. Emphasizing quality connectivity in locations with hundreds or thousands of connected devices such as stadiums and other public venues, as well as corporate networks utilizing time sensitive, high bandwidth applications, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 networks ensure each connected device performs at an optimum level. Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 devices meet the highest standards for security and interoperability, and enable lower battery consumption, making it a solid choice for any environment, including the Internet of Things (IoT)."
The Wi-Fi Alliance describes the key benefits of Wi-Fi 6 to include:
- Higher data rates
- Increased capacity
- Performance in environments with many connected devices
- Improved power efficiency
We have partnered with CommeScope's Ruckus Wireless to offer 6 Wi-Fi 6 enabled access points for our customers. The full-lineup as of today is:
- R850: Wi-Fi 6, 8×8:8 indoor AP with 5.9 Gbps speed
- R750: Wi-Fi 6, 4×4:4 indoor AP with 3.5 Gbps speed (released previously)
- R650: Wi-Fi 6, 4×4:4 indoor AP with 3 Gbps speed
- R550: Wi-Fi 6, 2×2:2 indoor AP with 1.8 Gbps speed
- T750: Wi-Fi 6, 4×4:4 outdoor AP with 3.5 Gbps speed (released previously)
- T750SE: a Wi-Fi 6 4×4:4 outdoor AP with 3.5 Gbps speed, sectorised antennas
If you are interested in learning more about Wi-Fi 6 as it relates to your wireless environment, request a demonstration by clicking the button below.