Missed the Webinar on Sophos?
During this webinar we spoke with Paul Zindell, an engineer with Sophos, who gave us an overview of the software.
If you don’t have time to watch the webinar, here are some takeaways:
A little about Sophos:
- Founded in 1985
- Currently outgrowing the market
- Over, 200,000 customers and 100M users
- 90th percentile in best in class renewal rates
- Partnered with Cisco, IBM, Juniper, Lenovo, Citrix, and Rockspace
- Exclusively focused on business security (no consumer products)
- Only vendor in Gartner leadership quadrant – endpoint, data protection, UTM markets
Why we’re partnered with Sophos:
- Partnered for 10 years focusing on antivirus
- Simplified security – not only computer protection but network level of protection (content filtering, email)
- Integrated technology – all forms of security on one platform
Sophos Complete Security
- Next Gen Firewall- most robust and most tools
o Can be virtualized- don’t have to buy firewall
- Anti-malware and IPS
- URL tracking
- Network access control
- Email encryption
- Server lockdown
o Whitelisting technology - locks affected server down
- App control
End User and Device Security:
- Very user-centric security
- Patch assessment
- Application control
- Device control
- Encryption for cloud
- Endpoint web protection
Sophos cloud is a cloud-based platform, created so users can manage all security health offerings. It was built from the ground up, with 99.96% uptime. The cloud is functional for all end-users to manage security offline.
The Endpoint Agent- how Sophos is working on your devices:
Enduser and Network integration to protect against advanced threats:
- Client is in constant communication with firewall
- Firewall can quarantine advanced threats of malware
- Encryption solution (safeguard) can remove file encryption keys locally from device
- Terminates and removes malware
- Identify and clean other infected systems
Why we recommend Sophos:
- They focus on research.
- Sophos facilities do 24-hour a day research, looking for new malware and ways people break into networks
- Global threat research labs
- Top-tier management.
- Management of Sophos were top managers in highly renowned companies before turning to Sophos
- Most OEM antimalware engine.
- They are diverse.
- From small business to large corporations, Sophos protection works for any business
- They offer 24/7 support
- One source for IT security health needs.
- Network/UTM, Wireless, Anti-malware, web, email, mobile
- Simplified and cost-effective.
- User licensing instead of computer for multiple device protection
- Bundle options
- They are first-movers.
- One of the only vendors in the world that integrates detection and enforcement across endpoint, mobile, network, wireless, and cloud
- Simplicity is key.
- Easy protection from end-user’s perspective
- Seamless to end-user
- Administrator should understand the interface easily
- Security must be comprehensive
- Security can be made simple
- Security is more effective as a system
- Integrated technology that keeps them ahead of the game in malware protection
- Simplicity of management for end-users
- Integrated technology
“If it’s complicated, it’s not useful.” – Paul Zindell (Sophos)
Check out the second Webinar in this series! Sophos Networking Security